Make a Reservation
Select Luxury Train
Palace on Wheels
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
The Maharajas Express
The Golden Chariot
Select Travel Season
Select Travel Month
+91 9999 518 007
+44 77 010 55472
+58 41 433 76565
+64 22 153 7206
- Gods Own CountryV
Amritsar - Golden Temple
Haridwar & Rishikesh - A Spiritual Journey
Goa - Sun, Surf & Sand
Varanasi - A Sacred City
Kerala - God's Own Country
Kerala - Coconut Lagoon
Kathmandu - Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal
Kerala - Gods Own Country
Cochin – Alleppey/Kumarakom – Mararikulam
05 Nights / 06 Days
• Traditional Indian Welcome upon arrival
• Boat trip to see the Chinese fishing nets & everyday life of Rural
• Attend the performance of the Kathakali Classical Dances
• Experience backwaters of Kerala
• Stay in Kettuvalam Rice Boat (A Lifetime Experience)
• Explore the Marari Beach & Village
• Stay in Luxury Hotels
Day 01 Delhi – Cochin
[The Brunton Boatyard]
We take direct flight from Delhi to Cochin. Upon arrival at Cochin Airport meet & greet by our local representative and transfer to the hotel. Check in to sea facing room.
Your time in Cochin begins with a visit to the
built by the Portuguese in 1557 and renovated by the Dutch from 1663 with its beautiful murals and Jew town including the
antique warehouses & shops, spices trading house and the Jewish synagogue
built in 1568, the oldest in the commonwealth. This inter, connected series of Islands & shoreline presents a vivacious blend of Cultures & Religions; Kochi is the only place in the country where you can see
nearly side by side.
During the return to the hotel you'll pass the seafront, where
giant Chinese fishing nets
line the beaches, demonstrating the mechanical method for catching fish employed by local fishermen. Later we attend the performance of the
, one of India’s most famous
Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02 Cochin – Alleppey/Kumarakom [Deluxe House Boat]
After breakfast private transfer to Alleppey Jetty to meet your way own floating hotel.
Cruise the backwaters
& explore the rural life in & around Alleppey to Kumarakom.
Kettuvalam - An Authentic
- the moving master piece, have been plying the inland waterways of southwest India for untold centuries and originally used as cargo rice boats. The fully furnished and palm covered boats (single & double) bedrooms with attached bath, sit out, kitchen and living room made of traditional wood. In each houseboat, there are 3 men staff (crew), comprising a cook and two well trained punters throughout the cruise. Punters stand on each end of the boat for punting and directing the boat. Kerosene-lit lamps along will be available for light and mosquito nets will be provided. Traditional vegetarian and non-vegetarian
are served. A journey through the
backwaters of Kerala
which offer one of the world’s truly unforgettable experiences,
myriad network of silent lagoons, freshwater river & hyacinth covered canals
that wind their way through
colorful corridors of forests, palms & fruit trees
. A canoe expedition via an intricate network of canals, through backwater villages where daily continues unaltered, as it has for centuries. You will see lush palm groves and stretches of rice fields.
Overnight stay in house boat.
[B, L, D]
Day 03-04 Alleppey/Kumarakom – Mararikulam
[Marari Beach Resort]
Leaving the houseboat this morning, transfer to Mararikulam for an idyllic two days at
. The resort is far-removed from the usual hustle and bustle of India - there are no crowds, no traffic and almost no connection with the outside world. The incredibly inviting sandy beach separates the sea from the palm tree forests and provides a picture-postcard place to relax. Your accommodation is a private, air-conditioned, thatched-roof garden villa, located only a stones-throw from the
. At the resort you can relax in a hammock, enjoy the spa and swimming pool or spend your time on the beach.
Overnight stay at resort.
Day 05 Mararikulam - Delhi
After breakfast transfer to Cochin Airport to board the flight for Delhi. Upon arrival at Delhi Airport transfer to the hotel.
Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 06 Delhi – Onward Destination
After breakfast transfer to the airport to board the return flight for onward destination.
= Lunch &
Price based on Twin Sharing
01 Oct - 20 Dec 2013
11-31 Jan 2014
01 Mar - 30 Apr 2014
21 Dec - 10 Jan 2014
01-28 Feb 2014
May - Sep 2014
The Brunton Boatyard
Standard Sea Facing
Marari Beach Resort
Garden Pool Villa
• 04 nights stay in 5 star hotels as mentioned above
• 01 night stay in Deluxe House Boat
• 04 buffet breakfast at mentioned hotel
• 01 breakfast, lunch & dinner in Deluxe House Boat
• 01 buffet dinner at mentioned hotel
• English speaking guided tour in Cochin
• All transfers & sightseeing by air conditioned vehicle
• Monument entry fees wherever applicable as per the itinerary
• At hotels, your luggage will be taken from the vehicle to your room on arrival, and from your room to the vehicle on departure
• All applicable taxes
Laundry, Insurance, Tips, Telephone Calls, Hard Drinks Still & Video Camera fees in Monuments and Expenses like Personal Nature
• Check-in time 1400 hrs & Check-out time 1100 hrs for hotels in Cochin & Mararikulam
Mandatory Christmas & New Year's Eve Dinner Supplement Stay: USD 120 per person in The Brunton Boatyard & Marari Beach Resort
Copyright © 2012. Luxe Train Journeys. All Rights Reserved
This site is best viewed in "
Powered by "
Genesis Web Solutions