Book Now & Get Complimentary
01 Night stay in Mumbai/Goa at 5 Star hotel with buffet breakfast
Airport Pick Up
Mumbai/Goa Guided Sightseeing Tour
Both Ways Railway Station Transfer
All Transfers & Sightseeing in Air Conditioned Luxury Vehicle
Certificate of Travel in The Deccan Odyssey
Travel Gift Voucher worth USD 100.00
Souvenirs from the Company
Make a Reservation
Select Luxury Train
Palace on Wheels
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
The Maharajas Express
The Golden Chariot
Select Travel Season
Select Travel Month
+91 9999 518 007
+44 77 010 55472
+58 41 433 76565
+64 22 153 7206
The Deccan Odyssey - The Royal Indian Train - Deccan Odyssey Train
deccan odyssey, odyssey train, deccan odyssey train, deccan odyssey india, deccan odyssey special train, deccan odyssey luxury train, deccan odyssey review, deccan odyssey official website, deccan odyssey luxury train, india mtdc deccan odyssey
Facilities on Board
From the desk of CEO
The Royal Indian train - The Deccan Odyssey
has been benchmark against the
best luxury trains in the world
like the Blue Train of South Africa, The Orient Express of Europe and Eastern & Oriental of South East Asia. The
takes you on a
week long trip
to some of the best places in
Kingdom of Marathas - Maharashtra
Mumbai, Sindhudurg, Tarkarli, Goa, Vasco, Kolhapur, Aurangabad, Ellora, Ajanta & Nashik
, worship at the
, or just relax on the
& let the beauty wash over you. So come aboard &
get ready to travel
of the State!
The Deccan Odyssey's
is a sight to behold. Everything in the train reflects the ways of
. Each coach is named after some of the best places & forts of Maharashtra and with
plush interiors, awesome delicious cuisine & great sites
to see this journey sure etches some
in the traveler's mind. This luxurious train transports its guests on a remarkable sojourn of a land shining in legions grandeur - serene beaches, magnificent forts - palaces and experiencing divine tales etched in colossal rocks.
"The Deccan Odyssey"
is primarily to
the best of
tourism assets of Maharashtra
pristine beauty of Konkan coast, the art, the culture, the heritage
world heritage sites of Ajanta - Ellora
) of Maharashtra as well as Maharashtra's
local arts, crafts & cuisine
Composition of the Train
Passenger Cars (4 Coupes per Coach)
Presidential Suite Cars (2 Coupes per Coach)
Generator Cars with Luggage Store
Staff / Spare Cars
Facilities on Board
10 fully air-conditioned Deluxe Cabin saloons, each with combination of 4 twin bedded chambers and 2 fully air-conditioned Presidential Suite saloons each with 2 suites with combination of living room & bed room. Saloons are equipped with channel music, intercom, player, attached toilets, running hot and cold water, shower, wall-to-wall carpeting and other amenities.
For Physically Challenged Persons
Special assistance is available in the form of wheel chairs, creches and a special attendant for manual assistance.
Your luggage is picked up and taken to your respective Saloon without your worrying about it.
Each guest is provided with an arrival kit consisting of stationery items, brochures, cards, etc. It would be available in the cabin. Anything additional can be asked for, from the attendant, always available at your service.
An attendant is always available at your service, to take care of all your travel needs.
An exotic array of dishes to choose from various cuisines, which are available on the Deccan Odyssey.
We make sure, the greatest gift of nature bestowed on us i.e. water is made available to you in its purest form. Packaged water is made available to you all through the journey.
News Papers / Magazines
The leading dailies and newspapers and a collection of magazines is made available for your reading pleasure.
Adequate safety arrangements are made for you as well as your personal belongings in the train itself.
All essential toiletries like soaps, shampoos, moisturizers etc. are provided in the train.
Wine / Beer
A complimentary bottle of wine courtesy the Deccan Odyssey in all the rooms.
Wide collection of classic & non-classics films and music on channel.
A well stocked bar serves wine, liquor and spirits of Indian and International Brands, to keep you in `high spirits'.
To cherish these special moments of glory and to remind you of these items when you walk down memory lane a few years from now, we take a group photograph, which is given to you as a souvenir.
A lounge for relaxing, interacting, making friends getting together.
A mailbox is provided on board, which discharges your mail with utmost care and efficiency.
Your health obviously tops the chart of our priority list. First aid is available on the train, whereas a doctor can be arranged on call at the next approaching station.
Restaurant – Peshwa I, Peshwa II
Two lavish and beautifully done restaurants: Serve mouth watering Indian cuisines that would definitely make way to your heart through your stomach.
Certain handicrafts and other special items of Maharashtrian origin can be bought while you visit the places covered by the Deccan Odyssey
The Deccan Odyssey has exclusive non-smoking suite cars and separate bar car Mumbai Hi for the guests who love to smoke.
Conference car with all amenities and connectivity designed to match the best if you wish to have conference on board.
The Body Massage, facials, with Ayurvedic Oils and Steam bath is available to rejuvenate you. A Gymnasium is also there for your routine work outs.
Well equipped with computers, secretarial services, photocopying, telecommunication, internet, equipment rental is available onboard.
1. List of facilities available on board for your leisure:
a) A Library
b) 6 Channels DVD for your viewing pleasure at the lounges
c) 6 Channels of Music in your cabins
d) A well stocked Bar
e) A spa with steam, massage, a mini gym and a parlour
2. Packaged Water is complimentary.
3. The Tariff includes all meals, travel, transportation, sightseeing by A.C. deluxe coaches, entrance fees and still camera charges at monuments, palaces, boat cruises etc.
4. Tariff does not include liquor, beverages, Laundry, Smokes, Video Camera Charges at monuments, palaces, temples and other items of personal nature on Board or outside, use of Spa, telephones and business center facilities.
5. Respecting the local sentiments, guests are requested to remove their shoes while visiting temples and shrines.
6. Beggars and hawkers are to be discouraged strictly.
7. It would be advisable to carry your swimsuits, as we would be visiting beaches at Ganapatipule, Tarkarli and Goa or the hotel swimming pools.
8. After noon sun tends to be rather strong, so do not forget to carry your sun block, sunglasses, caps and hats or umbrellas.
9. The weather during March and April tends to be rather hot, hence light color cottons will be well.
10. Wearing comfortable shoes would be advisable as there is lot to see you, on foot.
11. Laundry service would be available at Goa.
12. Foreign Exchange facilities will be available at Mumbai & Goa.
13. Doctor on Call.
14. Due to exigencies or unavoidable circumstances there could be occasions where the itinerary could be changed without prior notice.
15. In cases where the group comprises of large numbers, the same would be grouped into batches.
16. The group number one would follow the normal route of sightseeing and the other group could follow in the reverse order.
17. While on sightseeing tours, it would be advisable to follow the guidelines of the Tour Manager and Guide. Please avoid splitting from the group for precaution.
18. An electronic safe is provided in each cabin to keep all your valuables. Should you forget your code, please contact the General Manager on the Train.
19. Medicine Chest is available on board for First-Aid requirements.
20. Electric Supply in the cabins is 240 v and 110 v in the bathrooms.
21. Shaver socket supply is 110 v and 240 v. Kindly use as per your specifications.
Varies from 8 degree Celsius to 30 degree Celsius between September to March & in April it is around 35 degree Celsius.
Light tropical / light woolens
The two restaurant cars, serve a range of Indian, Continental, Maharashtrian, Goa & Chinese cuisines. Menus are changed seasonally.
We believe in "Athithi Devo Bhavah" Literally translating to "Guest is like God to us".
Please do not hesitate for any kind of assistance help or information at any time from Assistant Manager Trains or the General Manager on Board available in Deccan Odyssey Luxury Train.
Copyright © 2012. Luxe Train Journeys. All Rights Reserved
This site is best viewed in "
Powered by "
Genesis Web Solutions